CHICAGO, Oct. 21, 2013 /PRNewswire/ — Executives of leading photovoltaic (PV) technology makers in Taiwan – the second largest manufacturer of PV cells in the world – will discuss their newest products, efficiency gains and significance for the solar industry at a press conference organized by the Bureau of Foreign Trade of the Ministry of Economic Affairs of Taiwan, during the Solar Power International 2013 exhibition running October 21-24 in Chicago. The press conference, implemented by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council, is scheduled from 2:30-4 pm on Tuesday, October 22, at McCormick Place North Building-Level 4, Meeting Room N426b.
Participants in the press conference will include:
- LOF SOLAR – the inventor and global pioneer in high efficiency color solar cells. The company’s C-Cell™ products are recognized by building-integrated photovoltaic (BIPV) designers worldwide for their ability to bring colorful, high-efficiency solar power to commercial and residential exteriors. LOF Solar’s new U Series products feature a 40% higher conversion efficiency than competitive offerings. www.lofsolar.com
- MOTECH INDUSTRIES INC. – one of the world’s 10 largest solar cell manufacturers, a pioneer in high-quality single and multi-crystalline silicon solar cells, and also a developer and manufacturer of PV modules, inverters and power systems. Motech (TAIEX:6244) will be unveiling a new monocrystalline solar cell with a 20.3% peak conversion efficiency, helping reduce solar energy costs to grid parity by increasing the energy production from each solar panel manufactured with Motech cells. www.motechsolar.com
- NEO SOLAR POWER CORPORATION (NSP) – the largest solar cell manufacturer in Taiwan and the second largest in the world since a merger with DelSolar earlier this year. NSP (TAIEX:3576) offers multi- and mono-crystalline silicon solar cells – each with one active side that performs the energy conversion – as well as bifacial crystalline cells and modules with two active sides that deliver more flexible orientation as well as a 30% higher energy yield than competing modules built with cells of comparable efficiency. www.nsp.com
- TSMC SOLAR – a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency CIGS (Copper Indium Gallium Selenium) thin-film photovoltaic modules and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, Inc. The company’s commercial-size CIGS champion modules recently set a CIGS 15.7% efficiency record – delivering more energy per installed size (kWh per kW) than crystalline or CdTe modules. www.tsmc-solar.com
Each company will provide an eight-minute overview of current technologies and their significance to the solar power industry. Also speaking at the press conference will be Mr. Yueh-Chyou Wen, Director of Taiwan Trade Center Chicago, and Mr. Baushuan Ger, Director General of Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Chicago. A tea reception will follow.
TAIWAN’S SOLAR INDUSTRY has been growing steadily since 1987, when Taiwanese firms began investing in solar cell RD. Today the country has more than 200 PV companies, ranks second in the world in the total production of PV cells, includes three of the world’s top 10 PV cell makers, and covers the entire PV value chain from silicon wafers, to silicon and thin-film solar cells, to complete solar PV systems. The growth has been fueled by Taiwan’s expertise in manufacturing semiconductors, which share many characteristics with solar cells; industrial clusters of solar power companies that foster business development, productivity and innovation by geographically concentrating related businesses; and a series of investments and initiatives from the Taiwanese government designed to grow the renewable energy sector.
TAIWANESE COMPANIES EXHIBITING AT SOLAR POWER INTERNATIONAL – either at the Taiwan Pavilion (Booth 622/822) or elsewhere – include:
- All Real Technology Co. Ltd. (Booth 2170) – a leading solar simulator provider
- Fukung Hardware Co Ltd. (Booth 2546) – a fastener manufacturer
- Inventec Energy Corporation (Booth 822) – a PV module manufacturer
- Ming Hwei Energy Co. Ltd. (Booth 622) – a solar cell manufacturer
- Motech Industries Inc. (Booth 1710) – a supplier of PV cell, modules, inverters and power systems
- Solartech Energy Corp. (Booth 622) – a solar cell manufacturer and the first solar company listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange
- Xxentria Technology Materials Co. Ltd. (Booth 3740) – a supplier of solar thermal materials
About Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA)
The Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA) was founded in 1970 to promote Taiwan’s foreign trade and competitiveness in world markets. Over the past 40 years, TAITRA has played a key role in the development of the Taiwan economy. TAITRA is jointly sponsored by the government and commercial associations and is viewed by all as the business gateway to Taiwan for the international business community. Please visit http://www.taiwantrade.com.tw/ for more information.