Market Reports Online
This report assesses those opportunities from both a Solar Market and a Business Environment perspective, providing a comparative framework for analyzing the potential and relative attractiveness of national-level solar markets in Africa.
Dallas, TX (PRWEB) December 15, 2013
In 2012, total installed solar power capacity across Africa reached 73 megawatts from 3 countries, representing 0.05% of all power capacity (conventional + renewable) and 0.25% of total renewable power capacity in Africa. The largest solar market was South Africa with 70 megawatts or 95.89% of total regional solar capacity.
Beyond this current installed capacity, there exist many opportunities for solar power developments across the region. This report assesses those opportunities from both a Solar Market and a Business Environment perspective, providing a comparative framework for analyzing the potential and relative attractiveness of national-level solar markets in Africa and for assessing macro conditions, access to market, national energy policy, growth potential of renewable energy and infrastructure considerations.
Complete Report Available at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/300197.html
Features and Benefits
- A comprehensive analysis of the state of the solar market in Africa at a regional and national level.
- Detailed individual country factsheets for each of South Africa, Senegal and Eritrea.
- Analysis of both the state of the regional and national solar market and the general business environment.
- Comparisons to other solar markets regionally and worldwide and to other power sectors (Biomass and Waste, Geothermal, Hydroelectric and Wind) locally.
- All markets are reviewed independently and relative to other markets across Africa.
- Underpinned by a comprehensive model of the World’s renewable markets, featuring 19,000 data points across 214 geographic entities.
Africa (Eritrea, Senegal and South Africa)
Key Reasons To Purchase This Report (http://www.marketreportsonline.com/contacts/purchase.php?name=300197 .)
- Gain a clear understanding of the relative attractiveness of solar markets in Africa from both a Market and Business perspective.
- Simplify yet enhance opportunity analysis using a standard framework covering a full range of socioeconomic, trade, legislative, business, renewable, solar and network issues.
- Facilitate decision making based on a clear understanding of the trends and predictions shaping this regional solar market.
- Understand the importance of these trends relative to other renewable power sectors and relative to regional and global trends.
- Obtain detailed historical and forecast market analysis for each of South Africa, Senegal and Eritrea; the 3 countries in the region with existing installed solar capacity.
Out of the 54 countries in Africa, 3 have existing installed solar power capacity, which combined, represent 0.07% of solar power capacity installed worldwide. The top 3 markets based on installed solar capacity are South Africa, Senegal and Eritrea.
Looking beyond pure installed capacity though, the top 10 most attractive solar markets in Africa however are South Africa, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Morocco, Sudan, Egypt, Mozambique, Eritrea, Kenya and Zambia, based on market attractiveness indices that range for the 10 countries from 57 – 88 with a median 67 (where 0 is least attractive and 100 is most attractive).
Most attractive indices are calculated using a MABA analysis employing over 100 variables reviewing the state of the local power market and macro and micro business operating conditions. Countries are then ranked comparative to all others worldwide.
At the regional level, Africa had a median market attractiveness index of 39 out of 100, compared to the leading region, Europe, with a median index of 83. This ranked Africa in 6th place amongst the 7 World regions (Africa, Americas, Asia, Eurasia, Europe, Middle East, Oceania). The range of indices for all countries in Africa was 0 – 88, World indices range from 0 – 100).
View Complete Table of Contents of Solar Power Opportunities – Africa report at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/300197-toc.html .
Key Data Points
- installed capacity (total, per capita, per GDP, per sq km)
- added capacity
- net generation
- % of total capacity
- % of renewable capacity
- % of non-hydro renewable capacity
- % net generation
- 1 year growth rates %
- 5 year compound annual growth rates %
- capacity : generation ratios
- capacity factors
- policy landscape covering Regulatory Policies and Incentives, Fiscal Incentives and Public Financing
- SWOT analysis
- 31 Market variables in 4 categories : Total Power, Renewables, Solar Market, Network
- 71 Business variables in 12 categories : Security, Social, Technological, Economic, Political, Trade, Barriers to Trade, Legislative, Policy, Incentives, Operations and Financing
Explore more reports on Energy and Power markets at http://www.marketreportsonline.com/cat/energy-and-power-supplies-market-research.html.
MarketReportsOnline.com is an online database of regional industry research reports, company profiles and SWOT analysis studies for multiple industries, organizations and market segments. Our sales and research experts offer 24 X 7 support to our customers through phone and email communication. Not limited to the energy and power industry, MarketReportsOnline.com offers research studies on agriculture, manufacturing construction, chemicals, consumer goods, environment, food and beverages, healthcare, pharmaceuticals, medical devices and much more.